The E-Series 38 inch LED light bar is another custom-sized light bar like their 28 inch version. It is made for those situations where you cannot quite fit a 40 inch light bar but need as much light as you can muster for the highway, trail or work site. It is a monster combo beam in terms of light output. It is rated at 17480 raw lumens with a forward beam that reaches well over 1300m. Peak intensity is an astounding 464550cd.
For most driving applications, this may be all the light bar you need. These powerful beams also find their way onto construction equipment that needs to see ahead and to the sides such as dozers and earth movers.
With a full width, including mounting brackets, of just over 40 inches, the 38-incher fits most roof or rack mounts easily with room to spare for auxiliary swivel lights in most cases. The mounting hardware that comes with the kit is versatile, allowing three different mount angles and stands up to any weather extreme. If you have a special mounting situation, Rigid has plenty of hardware options to suit you.
Rigid designs and engineers all their light bars at their manufacturing site in the US Southwest. They feature top quality components throughout, including precision circuitry, separate LED modules, a tough extruded aluminum housing and an IP68 intrusion rating against sand, sleet, rain, mud and dust.
Rigid’s E-Series light bar features are what make it a market leader:
- High-power 6000K LEDs with a lifespan of over 50,000 hours
- 17480 raw lumens of light output
- Patented Hybrid optics that direct nearly 100 percent of the LED light out front
- A scratch-resistant, virtually unbreakable polycarbonate lens
- Tight control of current and voltage supplied by multiple LED drivers
- Failsafe electrical construction that isolates any single LED board breakdown
- A360 extruded aluminum housing with built-in, active LED cooling for brighter light and long life
- GORE™ pressure vent to equalize pressure changes due to changes in elevation.
- Custom housing seals and a generous use of clamping screws keep out wet weather and dust
- Every kit includes 3-position stainless steel brackets, a plug-n-play wiring harness, heavy-duty switch and relay plus an IP68 waterproof connector.
|Length||40 inches nominal|
|Voltage||9 to 36VDC|
|Beam Type||Beam width||Lux at 10m||1 Lux distance||Beam distance||Peak Intensity cd|
Pros and Cons
- Large primary light bar for custom fit situations
- E-Series top-quality design and construction
- Hybrid optics provide industry-leading forward light output
- A360 extruded, oversize heat sinks for maximum LED cooling
- Plug-n-play wiring harness with stainless steel brackets
- No flood or spot beams are available in this size
What Buyers Are Saying
What is not to like about this light? Nearly as powerful as Rigid’s 40 inch combo, it packs a huge punch with only about 200W of input power. Its 76 high-power LEDs penetrate well over a kilometer into the deepest, darkest void ahead while flooding acres of side terrain.
Like their 28 inch model, this length is more or less a specialty length, so it takes some digging to find a 38 inch LED light bar review. Those you do find will have no complaints, however, about the build quality and outstanding beam it produces with zero hotspots or shadows and no beam bounce. It seems to be most popular for industrial applications or roof mounting on smaller compact cars where t the maximum length light bar for the width of the roof is needed.
Although it does not come in a flood or spot version, its 16-44-16 LED layout with the middle 44 LEDs in a spot configuration means the spot function is brighter than a dedicated 20 inch spot model.
Rigid always seeks to fill in their light bar portfolio with a few non-standard lengths to serve customers with special fit problems. Their 38 inch E-Series LED light bar does just that by supplying a powerful combo beam with white or amber LEDs per customer requirements.
It is the same build quality, same superb engineering and the same great value as all their E-Series light bars. Before you decide on a 30 or 40 inch light bar, consider if this size might fit your space better or provide you with more options for auxiliary lighting.