When shopping for a new LED light bar you decided that a 20 inch bar is a bit small for your big 4WD truck, but a 30 inch bar is too big. That is why Rigid produced their Goldilocks size 28 inch light bar. It fully spans the width of your grill, narrow roll bar or tailgate light for setting awash a campsite or work area in bright white light. Like all the light bars in Rigid’s E-Series, the 28 inch model is made to last a lifetime starting with the LEDs to the circuitry, housing, mounts and wire harness.
True, 28 inches is a bit non-standard, which is why Rigid only offers it in a flood/spot combo pattern. You can order it with amber LEDs, however, for a backscatter-killing fog and mist driving light mounted at bumper height. Whatever the application, including industrial, mining, farming or recreational, this light bar sips electricity while putting out nearly 100 percent of that power into crystal-white light focused where you need it the most.
Rigid’s E-Series 28 inch light bar uses only high light output/low power consumption LEDs in both the spot and flood sections. At roughly 100W per raw lumen, no other manufacturer matches its efficiency. No-name brands use cheaper, imported LEDs that put out nearly 30 percent less light while using more power. If those brands are cutting corners on the LEDs themselves, then imagine how the rest of the light is designed and built.
Rigid designs and engineers all their light bars in their own US assembly plant. They start with the best LEDs available, backed by top quality circuitry, a modular electrical design and surround it with a heavy-duty housing with an IP68 intrusion rating against dust and moisture. Not only do they baby those LEDs with high precision LED drivers but they construct the entire light bar to endure any torture the trails might offer.
The 28 inch E-Series light bar combines many top drawer elements:
- 5W LEDs driven at 3.75W for long life and reliability with a 50,000 hour lifespan
- Crisp, blue-white light that puts out a stunning 12880 raw lumens of light
- 97 percent of the light produced is guided forward by a precision, unbreakable lens and computer designed reflectors
- The finest LED driver circuitry maintains voltage and current control to prolong LED life
- Modular construction prevents the entire light bar failing should one module break down
- Extruded aluminum houses the LEDs and circuitry unlike competitors’ light bars that use stamped or cast metal
- LED lifespan is further enhanced by an active cooling system including beefy heat sinks
- A GORE™ pressure equalization vent, custom neoprene seals and plenty of stainless steel screws contribute to the Rigid 28 inch LED light bar’s IP68 rating
- Everything you need to mount this light bar is included: 3-position brackets, hardware, wire harness, switch, relay and IP68 Deutsch connector.
|Length||30 inches nominal|
|Voltage||9 to 36VDC|
These are the combo beam specs with white LEDs:
|Beam Type||Beam width||Lux at 10m||1 Lux distance||Beam distance||Peak Intensity cd|
Pros and Cons
- Custom size primary light bar for that perfect fit
- Same E-Series quality with electrical/mechanical support for powerful, long-life LEDs
- 97 percent light transmission optics
- Low-vibration housing with IP68 rating
- Complete wiring and mounting kit
- Only a combo beam is available
What Buyers Are Saying
A 28 inch LED light bar review for the E-Series is scarce as hen’s teeth, but that only means it is often overlooked except by those who want a custom fit for their vehicle. Since the cost is only slightly less than an E-Series 30 inch bar, you would choose it if just fits your vehicle’s grill or because a larger bar would bump into the swivel flood or spot beams you already have mounted on the corners of your roll bar, roof rack or light bar tube. It does make a superb size for a primary UTV light.
With a 12-32-12 LED layout with the spot beam in the middle and floods at the ends, it puts out a powerful, compact beam with plenty of side illumination. Its beam penetrates over 20 percent deeper than the 20 inch E-Series light, which already has an impressive 1km throw. Built to the same exacting standards, this 28 inch light bar stands up to the most tortuous trails without vibration or complaint.
Rigid only offers the 28 inch LED light bar as a combo beam with either white or amber LEDs. Otherwise, it offers the same value as all E-Series light bars. If you have the space, get a longer bar, but if you want a custom fit, its nominal 30 inch length may fit like a glove.